You Know You’re a Pole Dancer When …
Whether we’re beginners or pros, pole dancing guarantees we all have something in common. See how many of these sound like you – and share a laugh reading through them with all your pole buddies!
1. You schedule a pole dance lesson at 9:00 p.m. on a Sunday, because it’s the only time you have available.
2. You get up to pole first thing in the morning – and you haven’t been up before noon in years.
3. You redecorate your house based on where you’re most likely to break out with an impromptu pole dance.
4. Someone says, “How are you,” and you say the humidity’s been kicking your butt, but you finally managed to nail that knee hold.
5. You drive through traffic in a zoned-out fog, visions of pole dancers twirling in your head.
6. You put more concealer on your legs than on your face.
7. You never lift weights but still have the best arms of anyone you know.
8. You attract an audience any time your co-workers find you reviewing your favorites on Youtube.
9. Your bitching about slipping after the latest cold snap doesn’t have anything to do with sidewalks.
10. Your closet has become a storehouse for dozens of platform boots.
11. Your sweetheart’s friends are in awe at his good luck.
12. You dream of running off to join the circus – and your friends suspect one day you actually will.
13. Your chiropractor asks you how you hurt yourself and you launch into a 10-minute explanation of your struggles learning the Spatchcock.
14. You have so many poles in your home that you could open your own studio tomorrow.
15. Your doctor asks if you do any weight-bearing exercises and you ask if hanging upside down by your ankles counts.
16. Going out dancing with the girls means coordinating an online pole jam across three different time zones.
17. You think nothing of dancing in your bra and shorts – and posting it on Youtube.
18. 90% of your friends’ photos on Facebook include a pole.
19. You find yourself wishing for extra vacation days so you could have more time to really concentrate on your pole dancing.
20. You strain your back helping a friend lug furniture and all you can think of is whether you’ve just ruined your next pole session.
If this list made you smile, you should also read 10 Great Things about Pole Dancing.